CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Trade-Offs & Sabotage!

Well, I woke up feeling particularily spectactular this morning and by spectactular I mean as if I were on my deathbed. :(



My entire left eye is swollen due to a piercing migraine that is akin to a family of dancing needles performing in unison around its outer rim. I think it's fascinating how typically-viewed delusional and irrational ideas such as gouging said eye out or fanatisizing about numbing that area with a punch to the face suddenly appear quite practical when enduring unyielding mind-splitting pain.



The worst part of this dim scenario is that I had planned on cleaning my house today. Truth be told, I had planned on doing it yesterday morning with my daughter, but my aunt invited us over for a playdate at the eleventh hour. My 10 yr. old child then afforded me one of those priceless facial expressions that reads I'm the wicked witch singing the back-up vocals to Cinderelly, Cinderelly if I forced her to endure chores on such a lovely day.



Upon arriving home, I remain undaunted in my now seemingly hopeless quest for order. I even began tackling the abyss known as endless baskets of laundry in my room. Mere moments later; however, my hubby and child requested my attention outside to see a snowwoman they had accessorized on our front lawn. Unsuspecting of a ruse, I dutifully stepped outside to compliment them on their efforts, to which they responded by opting to ruthlessly pelt me with a ceaseless attack of snowballs.



Did I mention that I am seven months pregnant? Did I share that I had to run on black ice just to get away from these deranged freaks of nature?



By the time I managed to make it home, I literally collapsed in a breathless heap with every intention of cleaning when I awoke the next morning unaware--of course-- that I'd be waking up to this hellish nightmare and now we're full circle.



*sigh*



Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

0 comments: