CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Slackertopia

...so I am officially one of THEM.



You know what I'm talking about.



The kind of people that have their Christmas tree complete with accompanying nativity scene still situated in the center of their living room at the end of January and beyond.



Now put away that wagging finger and don't be a judger since I do have some credit due: I actually removed the outdoor Christmas lights and decorations. See, I don't believe in having the whole neighborhood share in my public shame because that's just the kind of classy dame I am. :)



I keep the dysfunction indoors and only debut it on special occasions like for example when alcohol is involved or my husband has angered me for the umpteenth time while I'm pregnant. That way it's special...like a debutante ball for my neuroses.




Anyhoo, the situation is starting to seem pretty grim too since staring at these holiday treats in bewilderment has (fascinatingly enough) done little to improve the predicament and it seems twitching my nose in Samantha-esque fashion has yielded similar results.



*sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, don't you have a teenager in the neighborhood you could pay to take it down? The other option is to burn it and claim it on insurance to buy a new one for next year.

The Mommypolitan Momtini: Shaken and Stirred said...

LOL! I wish, but then that would mean showing poor unsuspecting teenager the interior of said unkempt home.

(Alhough, I must say the Barbie tea party that my daughter has apparently been hosting--unbeknowest to me--under the tree really adds a certain special touch to the holy family).